Thursday, October 22, 2009

I miss Somer..

2185 children are reported missing each day..most come home. Somer Thompson did not.

I have a million and one pictures of Sadie, of Tommy, of pets, Of mike getting in and out and back in to a tree stand, Of smiling couples and blushing brides ..of bellies full of new life and pictures of babies satisfied in the complete unknowing...but this is the picture I choose to post today.

I know everyone knows about her and has heard her story (i hope) but I want to never forget her. I never want to forget this child that I have never met ...I never knew. But my heart as a mother knows her and my broken "mother's" heart goes out to her mother.

I can honestly say that there is nothing in the world that scares me more than something happening to one of my children... how would I ever go on? Knowing a monster still lurks the streets breathing our air..Somer's air. We are becoming numb to these stories..to the atrocities that plague these babies at the hands of sick individuals. Why..how can this happen? Thrown away like garbage...

I know this is a downer to read...but I need this. I need this so that when I scroll back to see pictures and stories of my children this one little face will pop out to always remind me to be thankful that my baby girl lies safe in her bed..that I get to kiss her when she wakes up and see her smiling face today. ....And this makes me the luckiest mother in the world.

Somer has passed.

1 comment:

  1. Dude.....how is it that you can always make me cry with your blog!!! I totally know how you feel. I think it's how all mothers feel, or atleast I hope.

    ReplyDelete