Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chiggers.....


He suffered for weeks...squirming, itching ,"finger nail crossing" rubbing, tossing and turning with chiggers. He had them where NO man should ever have chiggers. They even seemed to set up permanent resident in his belly button hiding under the ruse of a wayward tick head...no tick head...just a whole chigger family living like the Cosbys in a cozy warm belly button. "How do you get rid of these?".."what do I do?" "Heather help me..." It only led me to remember a fishing extravaganza with uncle doug. All though the memory has slightly fogged over with time...and the Stag that may or may not have been drank that morning...I recall fishing with him in a well known chigger infested area. Upon exit of the bass less fishing whole he proceeded to douse himself with gasoline. GAS..and not just himself but I too was baptized in automobile nectar that was sure to set me free of my chigger ridden soul. It worked!..I never had a chigger. I refused to get close to G-Ma for the rest of the day for fear of being set on fire but smelling like a gas station now seems like a small price to pay.
Seeing as it was too late for..Mr. Chicago I rushed to all knowing Internet for help. there i learned more about chiggers than I ever wanted to know and knowing what I do now..I would have gladly swam in a pool of petrol than deal with these little suckers. However Mr.C still was suffering through. All we learned were a few home remedies which consisted of fingernail polish or Vaseline of which neither worked. Time was the cure all...oh and to steer clear from high weeded areas around fresh water sources was someones best bet.

(This picture was taken Sunday)

1 comment:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That about sounds right for a fishing trip with Uncle Doug! Sorry he had to suffer with those for two weeks!

    ReplyDelete